In general, it is recommended to get tested if one of the following criteria applies:
- Acute respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, difficulty to breathe, fever)
- Contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case
- Increased local occurrence of COVID-19 cases
- Entry from a risk area
- Stay in a healthcare facility (e.g. residents or staff of care facilities)
- Outbreak in a community center
The complete guideline for Germany can be accessed on the website of the Robert-Koch-Institute. Unfortunately, there are no official recommendations regarding testing of employees yet.